Precision, Quality and Price Flexibility
Lost wax casting is also called as investment casting dating back almost 6,000 years is one of the oldest techniques produce precision components. It reduces machining costs and produces an excellent surface finish. CASTEM’s modernized lost wax casting method has unique proprietary developments producing precise, high tolerance componentry and products.
Excellent dimensional accuracy resulting in fewer total number of required processes. Investment casting products are highly accurate producing superior finish (120 to 150 RMS) from a variety of alloys with tolerance of ±.005.
Shapes + Materials
Intricate forms are possible ranging from turbine blades to small intricate parts. Wide range of materials – low and high melting points.
No or minimal machining costs. Minimizes waste. Facilitates mass production.
Integration of components into a single part. No welding weakness. Weight reduction reduces inertia forces.
Investment Casting Production Flow
Let us show you how we can provide excellent quality while reducing costs of you current machined component regardless of volume.
There are many options we at Castem offer to reduce cost.
- Die/mold production cost is low (about 75% lower than die/mold costs for plastic parts). Die/mold is semi-permanent once it is made it is easy to change design or change materials, using the same die/mold.
- Choice of a wide variety of materials, such as special steel, stainless, copper alloy, aluminum alloy, etc. Materials can be compared using the same mold during the development process.
- Trial Process, Small Lot Production: Due to the low die/mold cost, per-piece price is lower than comparative manufacturing methods.
- Quantity Production When production is scaled up by selecting the most effective casting system costs can be easily controlled.
- Casting Integrating parts as a single piece reduces costs and time.